by Ask God Today | Bible Verses, Isaiah |
Isaiah 60 – New International Version (NIV)
The Glory of Zion
- “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.
- See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you.
- Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
- “Lift up your eyes and look about you: All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the hip.
- Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come.
- Herds of camels will cover your land, young camels of Midian and Ephah. And all from Sheba will come, bearing gold and incense and proclaiming the praise of the Lord.
- All Kedar’s flocks will be gathered to you, the rams of Nebaioth will serve you; they will be accepted as offerings on my altar,
and I will adorn my glorious temple.
- “Who are these that fly along like clouds, like doves to their nests?
- Surely the islands look to me; in the lead are the ships of Tarshish, [a] bringing your children from afar, with their silver and gold, to the honor of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor.
- “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.
- Your gates will always stand open, they will never be shut, day or night, so that people may bring you the wealth of the nations— their kings led in triumphal procession.
- For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.
- “The glory of Lebanon will come to you, the juniper, the fir and the cypress together, to adorn my sanctuary; and I will glorify the place for my feet.
- The children of your oppressors will come bowing before you; all who despise you will bow down at your feet and will call you the City of the Lord, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
- “Although you have been forsaken and hated, with no one traveling through, I will make you the everlasting pride and the joy of all generations.
- You will drink the milk of nations and be nursed at royal breasts. Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
- Instead of bronze I will bring you gold, and silver in place of iron. Instead of wood I will bring you bronze, and iron in place of stones. I will make peace your governor and well-being your ruler.
- No longer will violence be heard in your land, nor ruin or destruction within your borders, but you will call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise.
- The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.
- Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.
- Then all your people will be righteous and they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor.
- The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation. I am the Lord; in its time I will do this swiftly.”
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 byBiblica, Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Isaiah 60 – King James Version (KJV)
The New Jerusalem
- Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
- For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
- And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
- Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
- Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
- The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the Lord.
- All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.
- Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
- Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
- And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
- Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.
- For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.
- The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
- The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
- Whereas thou has been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
- Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
- For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
- Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
- The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
- Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
- Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
- A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time.
What does arise shine for your light has come? ›
Bible Gateway Isaiah 60 :: NIV. "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.What does it mean to arise and shine? ›
When the Lord tells you to arise and shine, He is simply telling you to get up, shake off the spirit of poverty, lack or infirmity that had been dogging your steps and turn it into prosperity, blessings and goodness.When the time is right the Lord will make it happen Isaiah 60 22? ›
Isaiah 60:22. No matter what you may be facing today, trust in God's assurance that everything will fall into place in His perfect time.What does it mean for God to arise? ›
In the Bible, we have about 23 Bible verses talking about God Arising. To arise, means “to be stirred up, to be awake and to prepare for action”. It is against this background that the Psalmist found himself in a critical situation, he had to say to God to arise for him and His people based on His eternal love.What does it mean to shine biblically? ›
It means that if you are a good example, if you “let your light shine,” then when other people see your good example, they will know that you love Heavenly Father and they, too, will want to honor Him.What happens when the glory of God is upon you? ›
D glory of God upon your life will promote you. It will make nations to honour and celebrate you. It will cause your greatest enemy to bow down before you.Where does the term rise and shine come from? ›
An expression used when waking someone up, as in It's past seven, children—rise and shine! Originating as a military order in the late 1800s, shine here means “act lively, do well.”Who said God helps them who help themselves? ›
But it was the English political theorist Algernon Sidney who originated the now familiar wording, "God helps those who help themselves", apparently the first exact rendering of the phrase. Benjamin Franklin later used it in his Poor Richard's Almanack (1736) and has been widely quoted.Is risen upon thee? ›
60.  Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.  For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.What does God say about timing? ›
For us, God's timing often feels like a long, desperate delay. God's perfect timing does two things: It grows our faith as we are forced to wait and trust in God and it makes certain that He, and He alone, gets the glory and praise for pulling us through. "My times are in Your hands ..." Psalm 31:15.
What the Bible says about times and seasons? ›
The consistency of the earth's seasons is a reflection of its Maker and the steadiness of His character. James 1:17-19 tells us that: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.When the time is right I the Lord will make it happen sleep in peace tonight? ›
Conversation. I don't know who needs to see this but Isaiah 60:22 says, “When the time is right, I the Lord, will make it happen”. Sleep in peace tonight, God is in control.What does the Bible say about God arise? ›
May God arise, may his enemies be scattered; may his foes flee before him. As smoke is blown away by the wind, may you blow them away; as wax melts before the fire, may the wicked perish before God. But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.When the time is right k the Lord will make it happen? ›
Isaiah 60:22 When the time is right I the lord shall make it happen .When it's time I the Lord will make it happen? ›
Isaiah 60:22 When The Time Is Right I,The Lord Will Make It Happen: Bible Verse Quote Cover Composition A5 Size Christian Gift Ruled Journal Notebook ...What is the verse John 316? ›
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”What is the scripture Jeremiah 29 11? ›
“'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. '” — Jeremiah 29:11. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of the most often-quoted verses in the Bible.